Wednesday, December 24, 2008

merry christmas and a happy SNAFU

so yesterday i got an email from cheap tickets notifying me that there have been "significant changes" to my itinerary. i called last night, and after just about an hour on hold, (calling from india to the U.S.), i was told that my flight home has been canceled. i was really tired and crabby at this point, (it was 12:30 AM), and the air india office was closed, so there was nothing i could really do about it right then. so i will not be returning to the states on the 6th as planned. i'm not actually sure when i will be returning, but christmas eve is just about the worst time to have to contact any airline. in the meantime i am still having a wonderful time here... contemplating staying a week longer or so, i mean if i've got to pick a new flight anyway, why not? tonight there will be christmas yoga on the beach and our dear friend ben is super amped for sunset caroling, (also, naturally, terrifyingly, on the beach), he even printed out the lyrics to the little drummer boy for me, imagine, he actually wants to hear me sing(!?) then we will be going to the restaurant at jardim a mar for christmas eve dinner, lots of seafood platters for everyone, and a veg platter for me. we're making mulled wine after that, and then there is a dance party for our nepali friend binesh's birthday. christmas in goa is lovely, my anglo-indian landlady has reminded me a full 4 or 5 times about the morning mass in english, so i will be going to church this year.
i will keep everyone posted as to my return, and i will be calling the loved ones on the christmas eve-evening. i am sending lots of love and holiday cheer to everyone. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment