Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No backup generator

Katie and I are heading for the hills tomorrow. We plan to arrive in Kumily late afternoon. Genevieve will be staying in Fort Kochin for a little while longer. A place I will hold dear to my heart forever. Katie and I have gotten to experience a part of Fort Cochin that surely most travlers have not- the Indian medical system and more specifically Gautham Hospital, one of the most touching and warm hospitals in the world. We've had an amazing respite in this charming little Portuguese and Indian fishing village that is acutally on an island. We were surprised to find a burgeoning art community, outstanding cuisine and a place where we could even do a full degustation and Kerala cooking classes, and a group of indivuals, expats and Indians alike who welcomed us into their community.

Fresh shark, caught in the Chinese style fishing nets that Fort Cohin is famous for, is on the menu tonight. It goes like this: pick out a net and subsequent fish stand, pick out the baracuda/shark/pufferfish/fish you've never seen before/heard of and buy it and bring to an assortment of places that will cook it for you on the waterfront. We'll let you know how it goes...

I may never come home. My Gyno has invited Katie and I to stay at her home and promisies to find us "good" indian husbands.

No comments:

Post a Comment